GBP - the first stockist in Central England of the new Link-Vent from Glazpart
General Building Plastics (GBP) are the first distributor to stock the latest trickle Ventilator from Glazpart in Central England. With over 20 years’ experience of supplying high quality PVC building products to the trade and DIY markets this innovative new product is seen as a key development for the business.
The Link-Vent’s will be available either from stock or delivered within 48 hours by our trained staff, daily between 7.30 and 4.30 on weekdays and Saturday mornings. This is from their four branches located at key locations at Rugeley, Shrewsbury, Banbury and Walsall covering Central England.
According the Wendy Hill, Director, GBP Ltd
“The Link-Vent range fits well into our quality product offering and with the extensive range of colours we look forward to a successful launch”
The trickle vents will initially be available as screw fixed with the option to add clip in pawls for faster installation on site. As with most items at GBP the trickle vents will be available ex-stock in white, brown, tan and black in both the 2500 EQA and 5000 EQA.
The Link-Vents are designed to meet the requirements of building regulations, Approved document F1 2010 (Means of ventilation) whilst delivering a product to meet the needs of today’s ventilation and window markets.
According to Dean Bradley - Sales and Marketing Manager, Glazpart Ltd “The link-Vent is the most versatile and efficient trickle ventilator on the UK market today”
Key features include:
- Meets F1 requirements for new build and replacement sectors
- Designed for use on all window types (UPVC, Aluminium and Timber)
- 1000’s of colour decoration options, delivered in any combination or packaging requirement.
- The Link-vent 5000 EQA delivers significantly more EQA performance compared to similar overall length traditional 4000mm2 (free area) ventilators.
- The Link-vent 2500 EQA delivers approximately the same performance of a traditional 4000mm2 in the length of traditional 2000mm2 (free area) ventilators.
- 2500 EQA is delivered through a 204 mm x 13 mm slot size, reducing routing machine times and waste materials generated. For simplicity the 5000 EQA has 2 slots of the same size.
Use of ASA in this application delivers
- Excellent UV colour stability with good mechanical properties
- Simple, user friendly opening of the vent finishes with a positive closing action.
- The innovative “link” allows the closure plate to be positioned to reduce draughts with the benefit of directing air away from occupants.
- The Link-vent 5000 closure plate is split to allow for partial (50%) opening and further ease opening of the ventilator.
- Rounded ends of the vent allow for installation on timber windows
- Available in either screw or clip in fixing types
- The screw fix design eliminates the need for end caps.
- The clip fix design Pawl’s allow for a fast, easy vent installation.
1000’s of Colour options
- Standard colours in stock at GBP are White, Dark Brown, Black and Tan. Colours also available to order from GBP will be Cream, Grey (7015 and 7016), Chartwell Green and the Wood grain print effects of Irish Oak, Golden Oak, Mahogany and Rosewood as well as Paint sprayed ventilators to ANY RAL, BS colour and a colour swatch matching service is also available.